Saturday 19 February 2011

Not Your Daughters Jeans

I must say I'm quite a happy bunny today!  I was given a pair of NYD jeans by my boss as they were too big for her.  I tried them on and was disgusted that I couldn't even get them over my knees!  They got put in the ebay box and I was gutted, lovely £100 jeans that didn't fit :(

Well today I thought I'd give them a try again because my husband actually said that he thought my diet was working as he had noticed that my bum looked smaller! Believe you me if he noticed then I must have lost!!!!  Guess what?  Not only did they go over my knees, but they went over my hips, bottom, the button did up and so did the zip!!!!! I must admit that I wouldn't be able to wear them yet but I'm well chuffed:)

I am really enjoying the diet now and have discovered a few great recipes that make life so very much easier.

The Atkins galette works brilliantly and spread with butter and marmite fills a real need for marmite toast!  The other thing I tried for the 1st time this morning was a MIM (muffin in a minute)  it looked a bit strange but tasted delicious!

30 grams of Flax meal (linseed)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp splenda
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp butter
1 large egg

Put all the dry ingredients in a mug then add the egg and butter, give it a mix to combine, then pop it in the microwave for a minute.

Low and behold 1 minute later your muffin pops out with no problems!  I sliced mine up and had butter on it. Fantastic!

I have heard that some people make a savoury version of this leaving out the Splenda and adding herbs and garlic instead. This savoury version can be used as a pizza base. Also they cook it in a rectangular  microwavable tray and then toast it!

I also bought some Ketostix urine analysis strips this week just to make sure I was burning fat and they went the most purple ever.  They really are good to give you some visual marker that things are working the way they should!

I'm off now to see if I can work my way comfortably into those jeans before next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment